If you’ve ever attended a brewfest you’ll understand what I mean when I say it often feels like you’re attending a beard competition. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, the beer community and the beard community are pretty tight knit, which is why the Bearded Brewfest makes perfect sense.
Saturday, March 19, 2016 The Bearded Brewfest kicks off its second year at the Sullivan Complex in Portland, this event is a combination of brewfest and CanAm facial hair competition, but you don’t need to have facial hair to attend, you can love beer or beards or both and still have a great time sampling or if you think you have the Chops (mustache or beard) you can sign up to compete for follicle glory.
The Brewfest has over 30 breweries signed up with over 100 beers on tap.
The Facial Hair Competition is a CanAm, juried International competition, sanctioned by the Maine Facial Hair Club, currently there are more than 50 people registered to compete in the following 7 categories:
- Full Beard, Natural (6 inches or more)
- Full Beard, Natural (6 inches or less)
- Full Beard, Styled Mustache
- Partial Beard, Natural
- Full Mustache, Natural
- Full Mustache, Freestyle
They are still accepting entries into the competition so if you’ve been growing your beard or moustache all winter and you fit into one of these categories you should pre-register now.
The Bearded Brewfest does have a charitable aspect to it as well, it benefits “Til Duty is Done” and organization that assists veterans all over New England with housing, training, employment and wellness, visit their website for more info.
- DATE: Saturday, March 19, 2016
- TIME: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (VIP entry time is 12pm)
- LOCATION: Sullivan Complex – University of Southern Maine. 66 Falmouth Street, Portland, ME 04102
- TICKETS: Advance tickets are available on Eventbrite.
- For more information about the event and and regular updates of vendors and brewers, follow them on twitter or like them on Facebook.